insights to help you grow your healthcare business
We've all seen the billboards, lining the highways in our cities, advertising the wait times in the ER. A not so subtle reminder that (potentially) expedient service is available during your next medical emergency.
Hospitals and health system often try to extend the success they have had with driving a message to consumers to advertise their other specialty service lines... robotic surgery, colonoscopies, cardiovascular care, join replacement. While hospitals may be targeting to potential patients, they are equally trying to reinforce a message to community doctors who may refer patients to their facilities and specialists for advanced care.
But is billboard advertising the way to go given the costs and benefits? Yearly costs for the billboard are $10,000-$15,000 per billboard in a mid-sized city. Not to mention thousands of dollars in design and materials for each billboard. This type of advertising is notoriously hard to measure efficacy. How many new customers did the hospital draw in due to the outreach?
Imagine a more targeted, intelligent and focused approach to marketing to physicians. Other types of advertisers and marekters have access
1. Target the right doctors. Leverage utilization data to focus on physicians with the appropriate patient population.
2. Prioritize outreach based on pre-existing relationships, affiliations, geography or a host of other factors.
3. Leverage existing sales networks. Match up your sales reps based on territory or experience with accounts.
4. Design your content. Create engaging information to share with your prospects to build rapport and establish a relationship.
5. Measure outcomes. Select metrics that signal engagement so you know whether