Medical advancements in technology and patient care are surrounding us daily and the innovations are incredible. Every year, the Cleveland Clinic puts out a list of the top ten medical innovations to discuss their favorite advancements of the year.
Cleveland Clinic is a nonprofit multi-specialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, it was founded in 1921 by four renowned physicians with a vision of providing outstanding patient care based upon the principles of cooperation, compassion and innovation.
The physicians and medical community that provide feedback regarding their top innovative choices have to follow a stringent guideline of four rules:
This article will discuss the top five Cleveland Clinic picks in detail, but will include a list of the top ten.
New to medical device sales and don’t know who the key players are? We’ve got you covered. The top selling medical devices and their parent companies in 2018 covered 40% of the market share and are valued at over $500bn. If you are lucky enough to join one of them, read on about your company and their competitors. If you work for the other 60%, this information is just as valuable for you. These top ten selling medical device companies should be on every rep’s radar.
Consumer-Centric Trends Drive an Increasing Need for Healthcare Marketers
Healthcare is a diverse industry, requiring a host of different roles. Included in these are medical marketing jobs. After all, every type of business needs good marketers. As healthcare becomes more consumer-centric, marketing has become more vital for hospitals, physician practices, healthcare organizations, and other medical facilities to succeed.
Healthcare marketing jobs are certainly on the rise. According to ZipRecruiter, there is and will continue to be a high demand for these careers. Whether you are currently in the field or considering a change, here are some of the opportunities available.
Welcome to the first installment of Conversations With Carevoyance, a new series dedicated to highlighting healthcare and MedTech vendors, thought leaders, and innovators. Today, we’re thrilled to share an interview with Gavin Doree, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Exalenz Bioscience.
Founded in 2006, Exalenz is one of two commercially available 13C Urea Breath tests in the United States for the diagnosis and confirmation of eradication of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori). Specializing in noninvasive modalities for different GI and liver function diagnostics, Exalenz Bioscience’s patented BreathID technology delivers immediate results with industry leading specificity and sensitivity.
Millennials are notorious for always doing things their own way. That goes for healthcare as well. Millennials’ healthcare needs are different, and since they are expected to become the largest generation in 2019, healthcare organizations and providers need to understand why millennials want change.
Let’s look at why their needs are different and what this means to you as you sell and market to the healthcare industry.
Medical devices are useful and non-obvious—the criteria that must be met before considering an application for a U.S. patent. However, a patent is only reviewed to those who can prove their medical device invention is new and useful, or improves upon a process or object in new and useful ways.
The process may seem daunting, and it most definitely is time-consuming, but for the majority of novel medical devices, the effort of applying for a U.S. patent is worth the reward.
During every patient encounter healthcare providers rely on hundreds of discrete data signals on which they base their decisions in order to provide effective treatment. As care teams assess, diagnose and treat patients, they are creating and adding to the patients’ medical record with a range of data such as discrete lab results, qualitative descriptions, transcripts of their opinions and decisions and more. It’s no surprise the industry is facing a monumental challenge: how to unlock all of these unstructured clinical data for new insights into innovation and improving patient care.
The medical device industry experienced significant M&A in 2018. High-value deals included Boston Scientific’s $4 billion buyout of BTG (expected to close in a few months), Medtronic’s acquisition of Mazor Robotics for $1.64 billion, and Stryker’s $1.4 billion acquisition of K2M.
In his Medtech M&A Update, Karl Freimuth, partner and co-head of the US Industrial practice for Livingstone, an M&A advisory firm, called the 2018 M&A market “white hot,” with a mean EV/revenue valuation multiple of 2.3x and a mean EV/EBITDA multiple of 12.4x. Based on Livingstone activity, Freimuth expects medical device acquisitions to continue into this year with greatest interest from acquirers in areas including: